Sunday, December 16, 2012

Runners Purgatory.....THAT'S WHERE I'M AT !!!

So, I finally got my big butt off the couch. I've been a little blue about my inability to run, which has made it easy to sit on the couch with my knee up, hypnotically staring at the television, exercising nothing other than my right arm, which keeps putting food into my mouth, much like a conveyor belt,feeding coal into a Power Plant! Thoroughly disgusted with myself, I peeled myself from the couch long enough to take a nice walk. It's a cool,moist day, with snow in the mountains and the smell of creosote and sage in the air. I walked through the nearby hills, and found myself enjoying it thoroughly! I have to give credit to Terri Rylander. I watched her YouTube of a run in the snow up in Elbow Canyon, which made me yearn to be outside.I'm just kinda waiting for my surgery ( Dec 27th,with Scott Parry ) to be done, so I can get on with recovery. Till then, It'll be walks, and hopefully a little work out here and there. Here are a couple of links that may inspire you. I also want to give a shout out to my little buddy Ethan Mendenhall. Ethan has neuroblastoma and flew out to NYC to get hi scans done, and find out if he's clear or not. I love you buddy. At 8 years old, he's braver than most of us.May God bless him and his family. Gio

 Terri's Snow Run in Elbow Canyon

Disabled guy loses 140lbs and gets in shape. Remarkable!

No comments:

Post a Comment