Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Full Moon This AM....GORGEOUS!!

Went running this AM, at about 0430, was a beautiful yet chilly morning. Huge full moon in the morning sky, which lit up all the darkness around. Did about 4 miles with a mile coolwalk....thats cool down walk....thusly coolwalk. People ask me all the time about how to train for the " Tough Mudder ". I tell them, and any of you who might be interested, that you need the proper mind set first. Determination will be the biggest part of it. Anyone who has been in the Military understands this. Next I say running and pull ups. Lots of running to build stamina and pull ups to climb several 12-15 foot walls. If you can do even just 5 pull ups, you will do so much better than so many that can't even do one. Lastly it takes teamwork. Be in a team, train with your team, be one with them as much as possible and have the mindset that " you don't want to let them down " . That attitude is enough to make you work out like you should, instead of sitting on your butt, eating pizza and drinking sodas/beer!! Myself, I have the Snow Canyon Half Marathon this weekend. Early November in Southern Utah is a fine time for a run. Should be nice weather.It's a race but, I'm not really racing as much as just going at my own pace and maybe someday in the future, after doing a handful of events, I'll see about actually caring about my times. I feel thinner, yet haven't lost anything lately, but will work harder next week.I have a very lofty goal, namely 205lbs. I haven't weighed that since 1994, and I must say, I looked great back then. We'll see. Goodnight and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment