Saturday, May 18, 2013

Train.....Train.....TRAIN!!!


 Good morning my friends, it's another day we're all lucky to have!! 
First off, I'd like to say " Happy Birthday" to Ethan, the sweetest, bravest 9yo boy I know, whose spirit and strength I wish I had. Love you buddy!!

We've had a few hot days here in Mesquite, which I have had the pleasure to run in!! Little advice, when running in the mid-day sun, of the Mojave Desert......HYDRATE first and wear sunscreen!!! It's doable, but brutal if you don't and my legs cramped for days before I got caught up with hydration.

I actually did a group run Wednesday morning with my coworkers....Rachel,Shelby and Rand. It's something that was started last year when we were all training for the Tough Mudder. Ran smoothly.....and Rand was smoking fast!! If anyone wants to do this with us, we're doing it every Wednesday at 5am, starting at Mesa View Hospital....please come along.

Also,Me and a few folks have entered a few races.....The New Harmony Mud Run is one of those. Saturday, June 22nd is when it's happening. Beautiful place and they have a 5k & 10k.
 Did this last year with Sean and Shelby and a few others.
Obstacles aren't bad....really a fun run, except the sandy creek bottom!!

On the list is the Kokopelli Triathlon in September. I'm all paid up, so it's training time.....Mostly for swimming!! I do a helluva
Otter float....not too mention my modified Dog paddle/Breast stroke!! 
From now till September, I'll be in a pool at least 3 times a week learning how NOT to drown!!The swim portion is only a half mile, however, when your not a strong swimmer, it might as well be 10 miles!! Maybe some cool dolphin floaties are in order!

Due to some unforeseen issues, I have switched gyms.....from the Rec Center to Anytime Fitness, where my buddy Rick Whittington, is back at the helm running the show. Great guy, been in the fitness biz forever, and just an honest, over all good guy. Happy to be back.



Lastly, I just want to say how running, has saved my life and how it has become a spiritual event for me.I am grateful to all who have rooted for me...helped me....lifted me when I was down....and have been true friends to me. You know who you are....Thank you!




As always....Thanks be to God for his love
and grace. As always links below, and 
may God bless you!

Anytime Fitness
American Cancer Society
New Harmony Mud Run
Kokopelli Tri

No comments:

Post a Comment