Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Weekend in Florida.......

Happy Friday everyone!! Hope all is well for all of you.It's the start of Memorial Day weekend, to which we all owe a debt of gratitude to the men and women who have served valiantly in the United States Armed Forces....all of them....Past and present. If you know of any either as friends or in your Family, reach out and give them the thanks they so richly deserve!! I give thanks to my Daughter who served in the Army 1st Cavarly, my Nephew Lt. Mike Hafen US Army, back from Afghanistan, Jake Hunter, USMC, not to mention my Father who flew in WW2 Army Air Corps and many others who I am grateful to have met and know. THANK YOU!!
I'm in Florida this weekend and went for a run that turned into an 8.5mi jaunt....was a gorgeous morning, and 90% humidity, which really didn't bother me much. That's a total of 72mi so far this month,with 7days left!
We'll see how many more I can bag before the end.
Since signing up for my first ever Triathlon, in September, I've been swimming like crazy!!! I'm not a very good swimmer, but I'm in the pool almost daily to do laps. I'm doing a Breast stroke, which is what I'm comfortable with.....freestyle, I'm sure is better and faster, however I've never been real comfortable with it.
I'm finding that....1. I need lots of work swimming.......2. My whole shoulder girdle area is constantly sore from the incredible workout it is receiving ( it's a good thing )....3. A half mile of swimming equals the energy output of a 10 mile run!! No lie!! 20 laps in my pool equal ONLY 0.07miles....less than a tenth, and it's hard and tiring.


In case of any drowning issues, I' will have my important papers laid out for my Slumlord, Sean, to go through!! Just in case!!
I would like to give love to a few people....Ethan....you know Uncle Gio loves you man!! Praying for good scan results!!






 To my very old friend Jeffery, who with his bad knees but cheerful disposition, still does trail running and karate. He turns 53 on Memorial Day.... Love you!

As always links below, may God bless us all, and hug a Vet this weekend!!

Volunteer for a Vet
Help Your Kid Stay Fit
Childhood Cancer Sucks!!!
Remember the Presidents Fitness Test when you were young!!


2 comments:

  1. Gio, I finally learned to swim using the total immersion program. Here is a link. I was like you, using the breast and side stroke, but now can swim over a mile with ease freestyle. Here is a link:http://www.totalimmersion.net

    ReplyDelete