Friday, November 16, 2012

Night before the Mesquite Half Marathon....

So, when you decide you're finally going to do an event, be it a 5k,Tough Mudder, Marathon or the like, there is a monetary cost to it, a "Registration fee", which is used to cover organization costs. When you go and pick up your " Packet ", it usually has pertinent info in it, your race bib, a micro chip of some sort, a shirt and goodies, usually carb foods like " Goo" gel or power bars and the like. I went to pick up my packet for the Mesquite Half, which cost $65 to enter, and what I recieved is the following: 2 trial size deodorant bars and 2 packs of bandaids, and since they didn't have xxl shirts, I didn't get one. The Snow Canyon cost $45 and I got an array of carb food items, shirt ( which I lost ) and other stuff. The trial deodorant bars are as small as my thumb. I suppose as I'm running down the course, I could strip off my shirt and rub 1 deodorant bar on each of my sweaty arm pits. Thank heavens for those goodies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment