Saturday, November 17, 2012

Well, I made it!!


I completed my 2nd half marathon.....Mesquite Half Marathon, and of course, I'm sore as hell!! This race was listed as a " Downhill " race, but for the life of me, seemed like it was all up hill, or at least a lot of hills to climb. My time was a little long at 2:47:00 but I'm doing it more for the experience than speed. Next year, might be different. It was a nice cool day on the AZ strip, with clouds and the occasional sprinkle.Sean Covey did well. He has been getting chest pain when running.....so I'm happy to report that he didn't CODE. As a matter of fact, he won 2nd place for his age group. Nice job Sean!! I was happily surprised to find a cheering crowd of friends for me coming down the home stretch. Shelby, Shani, Jody and Tiffany along with little Bowen rooting for Uncle Gio....was all way touching. My left MCL is sore, along with my right ankle but all in all, it was a great day!!
Heres some links http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/basichalf.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment